Where did the time go?
How often do you ask yourself this question? I seem to ask it all the time. For instance, it’s been about a month, and I’ve not posted a darn thing. Where did the time go? So, please indulge me–there is no theme stitching together the snippets below, but perhaps you will find one (or more) that speaks to you.
- If you haven’t watched The Present, an animated short about a teenage boy, a dog, and their special bond, I highly recommend it. You have the time–it’s under five minutes.
- And check out this video by an amazingly talented self-taught artist who has an unusual way of painting animals. (Thank you for sharing it with me, Aunt Doris!)
- In need of summer reading? If you haven’t read DOGLAND, it (of course) is my first suggestion. But if you’re looking for something else, check out EcoLit books. There are some new reviews online, including one written by yours truly.
- July 4th is days away, and that means fireworks. Fun for us, not so much for many dogs–including mine. How can you keep your dog from freaking out? That, and more, in this story I posted last summer.
- I’d love for you to follow me on Facebook (if you don’t already). I primarily populate my timeline with interesting stories about all things dog. And you can find me on Twitter @jackiskole.
Jacki Skole is an award-winning journalist, author and adjunct professor of communication. A graduate of the University of Michigan and Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism, she spent a decade as a writer and producer at CNN before turning to teaching. Jacki launched WRITE Now to assist students in writing the college application essays that will chart their future. Read More...
Contact Jacki today for a free phone consultation.